Tuesday 14 November 2017

Weekly news no.5

Daisy Goodwin sexually assaulted?

The creator of ITV series Victoria has recently told radio times that a man "put his hand on her breast" after having a meeting to discuss a proposed TV show when David Cameron was Prime Minister. She said that she was "cross" but didn't report anything. 

Apparently during the meeting she says she was surprised when the man put his feet up on her furniture and told her that wearing sun glasses made her look like a "bond girl".

The next bit is copied to roughly sum up what happened after the meeting had finished.

She said she tried to steer the conversation back onto professional matters, but added: "At the end of the meeting we both stood up and the official, to my astonishment, put his hand on my breast.
"I looked at the hand and then in my best Lady Bracknell voice said: 'Are you actually touching my breast?'
"He dropped his hand and laughed nervously."
Ms Goodwin said she left Downing Street in a state of "high dudgeon".
"I wasn't traumatised, I was cross. But by the next day it had become an anecdote, The Day I Was Groped In Number 10," she said.
Recently there has been a lot of people coming out and saying that they have been "sexually assaulted" from minor things to very serious accusations. I don't know if she is being serious or if she is lying to try and jump on the "bandwagon" like everyone else is.

In my opinion I think this case is serious and the man should be punished as it is out of order and no need to do that. I think that lots of people unfortunately suffer from different varieties of "sexual assault" whether it is something that isn't to harmful and people who have awful life changing situations due to someone else because they cant control themselves. I do think some people are faking cases however it is hard to judge because of how serious sexual assault it and it isn't something that can be ignored.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41976749

Image result for Daisy Goodwin












2 comments:

  1. Stephen I admire the honesty of your 'cut and paste' but you are still lacking the key elements of CCCEO.

    What do you think that you could add to this to obtain a higher level of writing and to improve your chances at high grades in the exam?

    Media Specific terms, Context?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i did forget to include what i thought of it at the end and i will edit it and put my opinion in.

    ReplyDelete

Analysing newspapers

Main image - statue of liberty ashamed. Headline - President Trump Quote - "what have they done" Binary opposition - Black an...